Do you wish to continue your studies next year? In that case, it is crucial that you renew your enrolment in time. See below for the steps that take you there.

Why do I have to enrol again?

Your enrolment is valid for one year maximum. If you want to continue your studies at the Royal Conservatoire, you need to apply for a new enrolment through Studielink.

How does the renewal work?

  • As of 2nd May 2022, you can renew your enrolment through Studielink. Studielink will also send you a reminder about this. Log in with your DigiD or with your username and password. Check your address, phone number and email address and correct them if necessary.
  • You will also need to pay your tuition fees for 2022-2023.
  • Go to the page <Study Programmes> and select the blue <Re-enrolment> button.
  • Enter the details in the <Re-enrolment application> form.
  • When all details are correct you can select “Yes, I want to re-enrol”. If applicable it will now be possible (dependant on the study programme that you follow) to change the study programme format (fulltime/parttime/dual) and answer questions from your university (of applied sciences).
  • Confirm the re-enrolment application. It will be sent to your educational institution.
  • On your dashboard you can track the status of your application via <Messages> and <Study programmes>.

Please note: your enrolment is only final after you have renewed it ánd completed your payment.

What is the deadline for the enrolment?

The application for renewing your enrolment for 2022-2023 closes on 31st August 2022. If you have not submitted your application for renewal through Studielink by this date, you will not have student rights, such as access to education and facilities like Asimut and email as of 1st September 2022. So make sure to finalize your re-enrolment as soon as possible.


Do you have questions about paying your tuition fees? Check the FAQ section below or read more about it here.

Do you have questions about renewing your enrolment? The Q&A on Studielink may help you.

Still no answers? You can send an email to the student administration at the Royal Conservatoire. They will be happy to help you.

FAQ - General

Continue your studies online as far as possible and do not deregister from the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen/BRP) via your municipality!

Do you have a Dutch ressidence permit for study and have you already deregistered from the BRP: inform the International Students Adviser about it as soon as possible! He can report your temporary departure abroad because of the Corona crisis to the IND, to avoid that your residence permit will be cancelled.

FAQ - Payment of fees

Your tuition fee is determined by the information the Royal Conservatoire has about you at this moment. The Royal Conservatoire is entitled to change the fees if new information gives cause to do so. If we determine a new tuition fee for your situation, you will be notified. To collect your tuition fee, the Royal Conservatoire requests a digital authorization for your direct debit. You can choose to pay the fees all at once, or in eight instalments. This you can also arrange through Studielink, after the 1st of May 2022. Make sure you take care of your authorization as soon as possible. The deadline is the 31st of August 2022 - if you miss it, you will not be able to continue your studies on 1st September. How does it work?

You set up a direct debit authorization: If you’ve a bank account with an IBAN number in an EU country, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Monaco or San Marino, you can set up a direct debit payment to allow us to deduct the fees from your account on the agreed dates. This can be done via Studielink. You can choose to pay your tuition fees all at once, or in eight instalments.

  • Setting up a direct debit via Studielink is only possible if you have a bank account in the countries mentioned above. If your bank is in another country, you’ll need to pay the entire balance in one go. Transfer the entire amount by yourself by direct bank transfer. Always mention your family name, student number and date of birth.

Bank information Stichting Hogeschool der Kunsten, Den Haag:

Bank details for regular degree programmes (Bachelor, Master): Hogeschool der Kunsten, Den Haag
IBAN: NL46ABNA0887557201
ABN AMRO Bank, Gustav Mahlerlaan 10, 1082 PP AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands

Bank details for non-degree study programmes (Preparatory year, Sonology Course, Artist Certificate, Erasmus): Hogeschool der Kunsten, Den Haag
Hogeschool der Kunsten, Den Haag
IBAN: NL20ABNA0894212354
ABN AMRO Bank, Gustav Mahlerlaan 10, 1082 PP AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands

First, please fill in your payment details.

Log in to Studielink:

  • Step 1: go to 'My to-do list' and select 'enter payment information'.
  • Step 2: select your bank's country. You can only pay through digital authorization if you (or the person who is paying) have a bank account in a SEPA-country. If you do not own a bank account in a SEPA-country, please contact the student administration. Make sure you open a Dutch bank account in time.
  • Step 3: after you have filled in your country, you select 'I pay myself'. Indicate whether you would like to pay by instalments, or in one go.
  • Step 4: fill in your details. Once you have done so, click 'confirm'. NB: you have now filled in your details, but your digital authorization still needs to be confirmed.
  • Step 5: Once you have confirmed your digital authorization, you will receive a message and a new to-do task: 'confirm your digital authorization'. The authorization will be sent to the Royal Conservatoire.

In order to indicate that someone else will pay your fees for you by direct debit, select <Enter your payment details> from the 'To do' menu, under your study programme. Follow the steps outlined below when completing the <Enter payment details> form:

  1. Enter the name of the country where your bank is officially located.
  2. Select ‘Digital authorisation' and select 'Someone else'.
  3. Tick 'I declare...' and confirm the details you have entered.
  4. You will now receive an e-mail containing instructions for the person who will pay your tuition fees. Forward this e-mail and make sure that the person who is paying your fees follows all the instructions.
  5. If the person making the payment follows the instructions given in the e-mail, they will be able to authorise the direct debit payment online.

Please note: Entering the payment details does not mean that the payment procedure has been completed. This will only be the case once the person paying has confirmed the digital authorisation.

Are you quitting your studies or will you graduate, and you wish to stay registered until 31 August? This is how you arrange it:

After logging in, you can submit a request for termination of enrolment under <Study programmes>.

  1. Go to the study programme from which you wish to withdraw.
  2. Select the <Terminate enrolment> button.
  3. Once you have indicated the month during which you wish to terminate your enrolment and the reason why you wish to terminate your enrolment, your request will be submitted to your institution of higher education, where it will be processed.
  4. You can track the status of your request on your Studielink dashboard, under <Messages> and <Study programmes>.

Please note: Selecting one of the options <Request for termination of enrolment> or <I do not wish to re-enrol> may have consequences for any student grant you receive. These applications are not forwarded to DUO for the cancellation of your student grant. You are required to arrange this yourself via

NB: If you want to de-register before 31st August, you can only arrange for this by sending a request for de-registration.

You will find the <Enter your payment details> action under the 'To do' list for the relevant study programme. If this action is not available, check whether you meet the following requirements:

  • Your <Enrolment application> has been given <Application submitted> status.
  • You have received a message to the effect that you can enter your payment details.

If you meet both of these requirements, but still cannot see the <Enter payment details> in your 'To-do' menu, contact your (future) university or university of applied sciences.

If you were entering all your payment details in your bank's payment environment, but were unable to complete the process, this is because you were taking too long and your session expired. As a result, the <Enter your payment details> action is no longer available in your 'To do' menu. Wait until you receive an e-mail about this (generally later the same day). From that time onwards, the action will again be available in your 'To do' menu, and you will have another opportunity to authorise the direct debit payment.

Please note: It is up to your institution of higher education to decide when you will be able to enter your payment details. You will receive a notification once you are able to pay your fees.

FAQ - Login

My DigiD Expired
If your DigiD has expired because you last logged in with it three or more years ago, you will need to request a new DigiD via

Forgotten the username of your activated DigiD?
You will need to request a new DigiD via

I already have a Studielink account, but have forgotten my password; what should I do now?

  • If your details are registered with Studielink, you can request to be sent your password as follows:
  • Go to and select the <Log in via Studielink> button.
  • Next, click the <Forgot my password> link.
  • Enter your details here. Your e-mail address must match the e-mail address known to Studielink.
  • You will be sent an e-mail containing a link that will allow you to change your password.

Do you get the message 'One moment please, the website is loading' when approaching This may be caused by the fact that Javascript is disabled in your webbrowser. In order to use Studielink, Javascript needs to be enabled.

You could first try another device or webbrowser.

It is also possible to activate Javascript. How to do this per webbrowser can be found here.

FAQ - Re-enrolment

There may be several reasons for you not being able to re-enrol:

Enrolment status for the current academic year not set to enrolled?
To be able to re-enrol, your enrolment status must be set to <Enrolled>. You can see this under <Study programmes> by selecting the study programme for the current academic year. The status <Enrolled> should be visible next to the concerning study programma. If this not the case you should contact your institution of higher education to enquire about re-enrolment.

Did you log in with another account?
To be able to re-enrol, your enrolment for the current academic year must be present in your account. You can see if this is so under <Study programmes>. If your enrolment is not visible it could be that you logged in using a different account. Verify this by checking the personal information in the Studielink account. Contact your institution of higher education for further instructions.